Gut Health for Prevention and GI Disorders
While the gut is best known for breaking down and absorbing nutrients properly so that we function at our best, it also holds 70-80% of our immune system, makes and excretes hormones, deactivates toxins, chats with our brain which can affect our mood, controls inflammation, and SO much more! Focusing on gut health will legit affect your whole body.
If you answer yes to any of the following you may benefit from working with a dietitian :
- Indigestion/Acid Reflux
- Diarrhea and/or constipation
- Bloating, gas, or constant uneasiness
- Unable to lose weight
- Significant amount of unexplained weight loss
- Food sensitivities or allergies
- Sick often
- Low energy
- Want to improve metabolism
- High cholesterol
- Skin irritations
- Wanting to work on gut health for prevention of heart disease, diabetes, IBS, and other diseases.
* If you answered yes to any of these for your preteen/teen, they will also benefit from working with a dietitian
How Nutrition Preferred Helps:
- Provides assistance in planning meals and snacks
- Looks at full nutrition profile to identify food sensitivities and/or allergies
- Takes in the big picture of you as a person to see how sleep, stress, and exercise are affecting your gut
- Teaches you how to eat for your best gut health no matter where you are!
Number of Sessions Recommended for Long Term Success:
The number of sessions needed will be based on where your gut health is currently. Typically minimal of one initial and 2 follow up’s have the best success.